Hi Barracudas! It was so nice getting to be at Westside for practice yesterday! I wanted to let everyone know the fitness room rules as we will be spending a lot of time there soon. We want to be an encouragement to the staff and members of the Westside Y and not a burden in any way. We are really thankful that we get to use their facility. So can you please make sure your kids know the following rules? Thank you so much!
In an effort to keep all participants safe, please adhere to the following rules when allowing kids to enter the fitness center at Westside (the back building):
· 8 to 12 can be on the cardio equipment with parent in the area (youth orientation is required)
· 12 can be on the pin selected equipment with parent in the area (Youth and teen orientation is required)
· 13 can be on the pin selected equipment WITHOUT parent in the area (Teen orientation is required)
· 14 and 15 can be in the free weight area (Teen Orientation is required)
· 16 and older can be on the fitness floor without parent and are not required to do an orientation
We cannot allow children to play in the locker room unless they are under the direct supervision of a parent and they meet the above age requirements.
See you at the pool!