December 10 championship meet in Lawton, OK
Hi Barracudas! Just to be clear, the Champs meet on December 2 and 3 is for our WHOLE team!! Entries are due the Monday after Thanksgiving by 5:00. Google form is on the blog. (I will put a PDF on the blog for you to fill out to authorize payment for that meet).
However, several of you have asked for more information on the December 10 meet in Oklahoma so I wanted to take some time to give you the info for that. This meet is an excellent opportunity for our more advanced swimmers to get to compete in longer events than we usually get to do.
I’ve attached the official meet info so you may read that for ALL of the details but the important stuff is as follows…
• Swimmers aged 10 and older who are FULL YMCA MEMBERS and are in purple, orange, or yellow group may participate.
• Your swimmer who meets the criteria above MUST ALSO HAVE COMPETED in the Coppell meet in October (per Y USA Swimming rules).
• Your swimmer MUST be at this meet if they want a chance to qualify for Y Nationals in April. (They must also compete in our meet on January 27 and one other Y member only meet for which the date is still to be determined to qualify for Y Nationals. How exciting that our team has swimmers who could qualify!).
• In the meet info you will see Entry Procedures and Payment – disregard that – we will do entries the way we always do.
• If you decide to go up the day before and stay in a hotel, we will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Lawton-Fort Sill (somehow their Y was able to put our family up for free there! I don’t know how pricey it is but we’d love to be at the same hotel with you if you’re able). 135 NW Second Street Lawton, OK 73501 phone: 580-280-2100. However, google maps shows it is only 2 hours 39 minutes from the Benbrook Y to the Lawton Y so it is not crazy to just drive up that morning.
• They have also invited ANY of our swimmers to participate in their free regular meet on December 9. (ask me for details if you would like to do that. I will not be there for that though).
As always, never hesitate to contact me with any questions!
See you at the pool!